11 Ways to Sleep Better & Deeper
Secondary Research Study by Holistic Sleep Center
- Bedtime Consistency: Go to sleep at the same time every night.
- Exercise: get regular workouts of physical activity to get a better night’s rest.
- Eliminate artificial light: avoid blue light from LEDs, computer screens, smart phones, etc. at least three hours before lying down.
- Avoid alcohol: cut down or better yet stop drinking beer, wine, whiskey or anything with alcohol.
- Go Dark: Sleep in total darkness to go deeper into the night’s rest.
- Avoid caffeine. Stop drinking sodas, coffee, or teas with caffeine, or at least avoid them 8 hours before nighttime.
- No big dinners or midnight snacks: don’t eat so much right before bed, so that means no big bowls of cereal or huge buckets of popcorn either!
- Leave busy work out of the bedroom: that’s right, keep all the things that make you want to be productive out of the bedroom, and reserve it for only sleep (and sex).
- Cut long naps near bedtime. It’s fine to snooze for 15 or 20 minutes, but don’t do it near bedtime or go too long.
- Take a hot bath
- Quit smoking. Which also contains a stimulant (nicotine)